Preventive clinic & Epidemiology
Since 2010 onwards, we have started Preventice clinics in MES Medical college Hospital under the department of Paediatrics and Community Medicine. Expert Doctors and Paramedical Staff are available in Preventive clinic throughout 24 hours.The following facilities are available in the Preventive Clinic
We are conducting free immunization (IUP) for children under 5 years on every Monday ,Wednesday and Friday from 9 am to 2 pm.
Counselling facilities are available for :
- Adolescent group
- Maternity group
- Family group
Health education on communicable and non-communicable diseases, breast feeding, growth monitoring, nutrition and child development.
The major functions we undertake under Family Welfare Scheme are Family planning and child rearing.
Anti rabies vaccination and immunoglobulin are made available to those category of patients who are suspected to have been infected with rabies.
- Dr.Jesha M M, Dr. N M Sebastian,Dr.Sheela P Haveri, Mr.MohamedIshacShabeer, Mr.Manu A Y: Mosquito Density in Urban Kerala: A Studyto Calculate Loarval Indices in Muncipal Area of Perinthalmanna original article: Indian Journal of Forensic and Community Medicine Jan -Mar 2015 2(1):7-12
- Dr.N M Sebastian, Dr.Sheela P Haveri, Dr.Suhail N, Mr.Sujith E U, Mrs.Arya S Nath Cessation of Smoking, achievments in a clinic based approach using counseling and pharmacological interventions: original article Annals Medicus: 2014 Volume 1, Issue 4
- Dr.Sheela P Haveri, Dr.Ravish H Shankaraiah, Dr.Katti S Mallappa,Dr.Wantamutte A Saheb : Menstrual practices among adolescent girls in rural area,- original article- International journal of Child and Adolescent Health 2013- 6(3):305-309.
- Dr.Sheela P Haveri, Dr.N M Sebastian, Dr.Sujina, Dr.Nishad R Manhu : Drive against Filariasis: Effectiveness of MASS DRUG Administration Programme 2013,MES Medical College, Malappuram, Kerala- original article Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences -2013 – Volume2/Issue 24
- Thomas bina, Lucy Raphel, Laila Shakir, Jesha M M : compliance to drive at a tertiary level Hospital in North Kerala : original article APCRI Journal Issue / 2011 / Volume 13
- Dr. Meera Karunakaran, Pavitra Mohan: Measles immunisation coverage in urban slums: Original article (http://www.springerlink.com/content/ 40348jm03223956/referrers/) Indian Journal of Paediatrics -1999 66: 505-509
- Maheshwari RK and Gupta BD, Dr. Meera Karunakaran : Malaria : 3rd Edition Book: United India Publications Pvt Ltd , New Delhi
- Dr. Meera Karunakaran, Malaria-Past, Present and Future: Text Book – Recent trends on Paediatrics; B.I Churchill Livingstone Pvt Ltd : Chapter 15;231-244.
- Maheshwari RK and Gupta BD, Dr. Meera Karunakaran, Malaria Book IInd ed: BI Publication , New Delhi